Hey guys! Yesterday Nintendo released quite a bit of information on the new SSB4 for Wii U. So much that it’s a 35min long video!! If you’d like to see the whole thing, go here www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_nVoL…
If you don’t have that time on your hands, I’ve made a list for you :3 Enjoy~
1. 40+ fighters are available from the beginning of the game, though you still need to unlock some
2. An obvious one, better graphics
3. Some stages support up to 8 players!!
4. Stages have gotten a lot bigger to support that feature
5. Some stages have a “danger zone” that inflicts damage on you and even an instant KO if you’re over 100%
6. In some stages, there will be a second plane in the background. In a Donkey Kong stage, there’s the main stage and you can use a barrel to blast to the second area in the back.
7. Lots more stages
8. It won’t be available until next year, but a Miiverse stage is in the works.
9. Palutena will give commentary on fights if you give her the option to do so, kinda like what Snake did in Brawl :3
10. In a certain stage, Metal Face will appear at night to make comments and attack you! But luckily you can kill him xD
11. Ridley will pop up on the Other M stage to distract fighters by attacking them. If you attack him enough, he’ll eventually fight for you! If someone manages to KO Ridley, the will receive a point in their favor. You can even KO him if he’s fighting for you (kinda harsh but that works xD) Other tiny enemies will also pop up and you can use them as well, but not as much as you can use Ridley
12. Coin battles are back!
13. So are stamina battles~
14. Special Smash Mode is back also! You can modify the rules for these matches, just like in Brawl
15. You can change item frequency
16. You can choose music for stages
17. You can also do so for the menu
18. Lots more music options on the Wii U version than the 3DS
19. Lots more composers for the music
20. Collecting CDs appears again!
21. Challenges are back!!
22. Classic Mode will differ from the 3DS version. In the 3DS version, you got to choose which path to take, but in the Wii U version, the path is chosen for you based off of how well you survived. Two Players can work on Classic now!
23. You are still shown a tiny clip of your fighter for when you clear Classic or All Star Mode, just like in the previous games
24. In the Wii U All Star Mode, you fight the characters from newest to oldest (Rosalina would be a fought before Pac Man as an example) and the rest area has a limited amount of healing items. The characters you already defeated will be shown in the background as trophies :3 This will also be two player compatible.
25. Event Mode will be available! There will be separate events for two players however, so there’ll be two maps!
26. There won’t be a Smash Run in the Wii U version; instead it’ll be Smash Tour. Where in Smash Run you were given a dungeon like setting for 5min, Smash Tour will be like a board game. You move your piece (Mii) across the board by rolling a number and collect fighters along the way. If you land on the same space as another Mii, everyone fights. If you beat someone in this fight, you can steal one of the characters they collected! You can use power up items along the way, and in battle. When the final showdown appears, the characters you have collected will appear as your stock (the final battle is a stock battle) so collect a lot of them! This will be up to a 4 player event so think of it as Mario Party for Smash and prepare to lose friendships xD
27. Target Smash is almost like the Home Run Mode. You are given a timed bomb to beat up and launch and try to blow up all the targets. You are given a second bomb to get the targets left behind, but this one is bigger! There will be 3 different types of stages. Scores here affect your Global Smash Power.
28. Group Stadium is where you play multiplayer (even for Target Smash and Home Run)
29. Special Orders is where you take on challenges given by Master and Crazy Hand. Master Orders is where you will choose a challenge to try and unlock. In Crazy Orders, you must pay gold to enter! You can try as many challenges as you want and then fight Crazy Hand. If you win, you keep your goodies and if you lose you wasted your time
30. Master Fortress is a new form for Master Core (different forms for Master Hand) that appears in harder levels of Classic Mode. It’s like a dungeon :3
31. The controllers you can use for Wii U SSB4 is: Gamecube controller (with the adapter), Wiimote (and Nunchuck if you prefer), Classic Controller, 3DS, Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller and Classic Controller Pro. You can customize button settings for each
32. For those who didn’t know, a GameCube controller adapter is coming out for Wii U but is so far only compatible with Smash.
33. This point was just to say how to connect your 3DS to the Wii U (click “3DS” on the Menu from the Wii U and choose “Wii U” from the 3DS and boom)
34. You can transfer your characters and custom stuff from the 3DS to Wii U
35. More trophies than the 3DS version and they are mostly from home console games
36. Final Smash Trophies are back
37. There are trophy boxes for trophies. They each hold a theme so try and collect them!
38. Photo Studio for your trophies is back
39. Trophy Run is a fast way to collect trophies and is available for two players
40. Masterpieces are back!!! This is very important to me because that is how I got into my lovely Zelda franchise~~ Masterpieces are timed demos of the original games from way back in the day. The games available are: Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, Kirby’s Dreamland, The Legend of Zelda, Pac-Man, Super Mario Kart, Mega-Man 2, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, Pilot Wings, Wrecking Crew, F-Zero, Metroid, Kirby Super Star, Punch Out!!, Kid Icarus, Earthbound, Balloon Fight, Kirby’s Adventure, Super Metroid, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and Super Mario Bros. If you like it a lot, they let you purchase it from the eShop.
41. For those unaware of Amiibo, they are little figures that the Wii U will scan. They play like CPU fighters and level up as you fight against them. They will bring you goodies from their battle also.
42. In case you have bad internet connection, the Wii LAN adapter is compatible with the Wii U
43. You get automatic notifications at the top of the main menu
44. You can team up with two player in online play
45. Nintendo is still working on it, but soon you can host tournaments!
46. This obviously means tournaments are back xD
47. Your Gamepad can show what’s on TV, or what damage has been taken. So it might be a good idea to set it up somewhere everyone can see :3
48. Doodle on your gamepad with screenshots as well!! After an update, you will be able to post your artwork online :3
49. You can talk to your friends over the microphone on the Gamepad but NOT in fighting D: This feature can be used on the fighter selection screen or the results screen to discuss battle plans.
50. Stage building is back
51. This isn’t ready yet, but soon you can share stages, Miis and pictures with friends and online!
52. There are movies for the intros of characters!
These are the things that both versions share:
For Glory, For Fun, battling with friends, conquest, spectate , world stats, replays and the replay channel, buttons, sounds, internet options, rules, smash battles, team smash, training, trophy shop, albums, sound test, fighter records, stats, milestones, tips and more.
If you register both you 3DS and Wii U versions with Club Nintendo, you’ll get the soundtrack for both games!
Come Spring of 2015, if you have bought both the 3DS and Wii U version, Mew Two will be a free DLC character!!!
So what do you think?? That's a lot of content!!! D: But I think I'll get the 3DS version just so I can get some of those deals that require both systems